It has come to our attention that several AED websites are offering third-party adult electrode pads for Powerheart® G3 AEDs that are marketed as alternatives to the pads that Cardiac Science develops and manufactures specifically for our Powerheart G3 AED. Often, these electrodes have similar part numbers that lead consumers to believe they are manufactured by Cardiac Science when, in fact, they have no affiliation with our company.
The part number for the official Cardiac Science Powerheart G3 adult electrode pads is 9131-001. The packaging includes a Cardiac Science logo.
Please be advised that:
- Cardiac Science has not tested AED Brands electrode (P/N AB-9131-001) nor endorse its use.
- Cardiac Science has not tested Skintact (P/N DF82I) nor endorse its use.
These third-party adult electrode pads include instructions-for-use (IFU) that conflict with our IFU, and since we have not tested the electrodes we have no way of knowing whether or not they will perform in a rescue situation.
Please be advised that the use of these products WILL:
- Invalidate your warranty per our user manual. Despite claims to the contrary, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act governs consumer products. AEDs are Class III medical devices, not consumer products (medical “devices” covered by the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act are expressly NOT included in the Consumer Products Safety Act’s definition of consumer products. 15 U.S.C.. § 2052(a)(1)(H). So Magnuson-Moss does not apply to AEDs.
- Cancel our indemnification policy. Our industry-leading indemnification policy is not enforceable on a device equipped with imitation (third-party) pads and batteries.
- Potentially place you at risk of violating certain state laws. States often include language requiring you to follow manufacturer’s recommended AED maintenance. Check your local requirements.
As you know, adult electrodes need to be replaced every two (2) years. Please check your electrodes to ensure that they have not expired. If they have expired, or are close to expiring, contact us at 1.800.426.0337, contact an authorized Cardiac Science distributor, to place an order.