The Life-Saving Importance of AEDs
Here are some of the reasons why more and more police departments and law enforcement agencies are investing in AEDs:
- Defibrillation within three minutes of sudden cardiac arrest increases the chances of survival to 70 percent. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90 percent.
- Calling 911 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is nine minutes.
- OSHA now recommends AEDs in the workplace, and recent legislation may require your workplace to provide them.
- Police departments such as the Chicago Metra Police Department, Orlando Police Department, Georgia Highway Patrol Capital Police Division, and Mt. Lebanon PA Police Department choose Powerheart AEDs to help protect their communities.
Why a Powerheart® is Right for You
Cardiac Science designed the Powerheart G3 Plus automatic AED so most anyone could use it. Once the defibrillation pads are applied, the AED determines if a shock is required and administers one if it’s needed.
Our AEDs also provide:
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology that self-checks all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) daily. The AED completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics weekly, and a full charge monthly.
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts that guide you during a rescue situation.
- A helpful text screen that runs in tandem with the voice prompts, especially useful for rescuers in noisy environments. The screen also provides valuable rescue information to professional rescuers when they arrive on the scene.
- Variable escalating energy that determines the electrical impedance (resistance level) of each patient and customizes the energy level delivered. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR® biphasic software escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- A seven-year warranty that is one of the longest in the industry. We also provide a four-year, full operational guarantee on the Intellisense® lithium battery used with the AED G3 and G3 Plus defibrillators.
Find out today how your police department, law enforcement agency and community can become heart safe.