The Life-Saving Importance of AEDs
Here are some of the reasons why more and more hotels are investing in AEDs and making early defibrillation a part of their emergency response plans:
- Defibrillation within three minutes of sudden cardiac arrest increases the chances of survival to 70 percent. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90 percent.
- Calling 911 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is nine minutes.
- AEDs are becoming the hotel and hospitality industry standard, with hotels implementing AED programs at a growing rate. The sheer law of numbers makes the chance of SCA occurring in a hotel or fitness center very real; with an AED program in place you are prepared.
- With AEDs becoming common safety devices, hotels, and resorts could be at risk for not having an AED on site.
- Leading hotels and resorts such as the Sheraton Hotel are part of a growing number of hotel chains (including Starwood, Best Western, and Wyndham Vacation Properties) that partner with Cardiac Science to provide life-saving AEDs.
Why a Powerheart® is Right for You
Cardiac Science designed the Powerheart G5 and Powerheart G3 Plus automatic AED so most anyone could use it. Once the defibrillation pads are applied, the AED determines if a shock is required and administers one if it’s needed.
Our AEDs also provide:
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology that self-checks all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) daily. The AED completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics weekly, and a full charge monthly.
- Dual-Language Capability where the responder can choose between two languages. A touch of a button changes the prompts in the chosen language without restarting or delaying the rescue.
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts that guide you during a rescue situation.
- A helpful text screen that runs in tandem with the voice prompts, which is especially useful for rescuers in noisy environments. The screen also provides valuable rescue information to professional rescuers when they arrive on the scene.
- Variable escalating energy that determines the electrical impedance (resistance level) of each patient and customizes the energy level delivered. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR® biphasic software escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- A eight-year warranty that is one of the longest in the industry. We also provide a four-year, full operational guarantee on the Intellisense® lithium battery used with the Powerheart G5 and G3 Plus defibrillators.
Find out today how your hotel can become heart safe.