Employees are your #1 asset. Are you protecting them? Thirteen percent of all workplace fatalities result from sudden cardiac arrest¹
. Unlike heart attacks, sudden cardiac arrest can strike people of all ages and all levels of fitness. And the only effective treatment for SCA is shock from a defibrillator, administered as soon as possible.
Cardiac Science Powerheart AEDs in the Office
Few companies are prepared to deal with sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Death from SCA in the US is 96 times as common as death from fire2
. Yet companies that have plenty of fire extinguishers in place to protect employees, customers, and visitors may not have even one heart defibrillator on their premises.
This is particularly tragic because fast response to a cardiac emergency greatly increases the rate of survival. Having AED units readily available in the workplace can mean the difference between life and death.
Here are some of the reasons why more and more companies are investing in portable AED machines and making early defibrillation a part of their emergency response plans:
- Defibrillation within three minutes of sudden cardiac arrest increases the chances of survival to 70 percent. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90 percent.
- Calling 911 is necessary, but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is nine minutes3.
- Businesses with their own AED machines on site have the ability to respond, and to respond fast.
- OSHA now recommends automated external defibrillators in the workplace.
- Companies such as Honeywell, Coca-Cola, and Merrill Lynch have placed Powerheart AEDs in their facilities.
- At Cummins Inc., they used a Powerheart AED to save an employee 15 minutes after AED training was completed. Talk about a timely investment!
Why choose Cardiac Science?
Cardiac Science's Powerheart AEDs are among the most reliable and the easiest to use. Rescue Ready technology, RescueCoach voice prompts, and an industry-leading 7-year warranty set our automated defibrillators apart from the competition.
Our AED Program Management
takes care of the critical components of a company's AED program including training, AED maintenance, tracking, and medical oversight.
(Is liability a concern? Federal and state laws are on the side of companies that have AEDs. Learn more
for information on making AEDs part of the emergency response program in your corporation.
A downloadable PDF of our most popular AED for the office
||Online AED demo
A How-to-Use video demonstration of the Powerheart AED G3 Plus
Discover Cardiac Science: Who We Are and What We Do