With more than one million sudden cardiac deaths in North America and Europe, the likelihood of a cardiac emergency occurring at your hotel is real. The only effective treatment for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is a shock from an automated external defibrillator (AED), administered as soon as possible.
AED Programs for Hotels & Hospitality
Providing a safe environment for hotel guests and employees is vital to your reputation. One of the best ways to provide hotel guests that essential protection is with an automated external defibrillator (AED) program.
Just ask the Sheraton Hotel in San Diego. Its hotel staff used Powerheart G3 AEDs to save six sudden cardiac arrest victims!
The Sheraton Hotel is part of a growing number of hotel chains (including Starwood, Best Western, and Wyndham Vacation Properties) that partner with Cardiac Science to provide life-saving AEDs. With Powerheart AEDs in lobbies, fitness centers, and other key locations, these hotels demonstrate to guests that safety is a top priority.
Here are just a few of the reasons why leading hotels and resorts are working with Cardiac Science to put a hotel AED program into place.
- AEDs are becoming hotel and hospitality industry standard, with hotels implementing AED programs at a growing rate.
- The sheer law of numbers makes the chance of SCA occurring in a hotel or fitness center very real; with an AED program in place you are prepared.
- With AEDs becoming common safety devices, hotels and resorts could be at risk for not having an AED on site.
- Almost anyone can operate the Powerheart AED from Cardiac Science. In a University of Pennsylvania simulated rescue, the Powerheart AED G3 Plus helped untrained adults deliver CPR of a quality similar to that of trained professionals.
- Cardiac Science's AED training is one of the best in the industry, receiving a 98 percent approval rating from students.
to find out more about Powerheart AEDs
and Cardiac Science's Program Management
services for the hospitality industry.