The Cardiac Science AED G3 Pro is approved for rigorous military operations, and was awarded Airworthiness Release (AWR) from the U.S. Army’s Research, Development, and Engineering Command for the Powerheart AED G3 Pro automated defibrillator. The certification indicates the Powerheart AED G3 Pro complies with U.S. Department of Defense medical device certification criteria and is tested for use in air, sea, and land operations.
In the video below, the US and Chinese Coast Guard are using the Cardiac Science AED G3 Automatic in a military exercise near Shanghai. The exercise is designed to ready the troops for a cardiac arrest emergency on sea.
Three fall into the water. The US and Chinese Coast Guard use a boat and helicopter to rescue them. One of the “victims” requires cardiac resuscitation. All three are brought to safety.
Last 5 posts
- Cardiac Science AEDs in Spain [VIDEO] - April 4th, 2011
- Cardiac Science wins first major public access defibrillation program in Europe - March 30th, 2011
- Georgia Park saves 5 lives with AEDs - March 24th, 2011
- Sad stories, avoidable deaths? - March 23rd, 2011
- Texas school's AED saves 6-year-old's life - March 22nd, 2011