German football club, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, has now taken precautions against possible instances of sudden cardiac arrest by ensuring its members have quick access to Cardiac Science Powerheart defibrillators.
On the initiative of team doctor, Dr. Karl-Heinrich Dittmar, the Cardiac Science Powerheart defibrillators were purchased.
Standing next to the new AED, Dr. Dittmar explains, “This is the Powerheart AED G3 that we use in our department. It’s a fully automated defibrillator that’s extremely easy to use. That’s what’s so great about it.”
Glenn Loettgen, Director of Sales Central Europe for Cardiac Science, shares that in a period of less than two months, Cardiac Science defibrillators have saved seven people in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. He emphatically states, “AEDs save lives and they should be everywhere, exactly like fire extinguishers.”
The Leverkusen soccer club can feel at-ease with the knowledge that Cardiac Science Powerheart AEDs are now accessible in case of emergency.
Last 5 posts
- Cardiac Science AEDs in Spain [VIDEO] - April 4th, 2011
- Cardiac Science wins first major public access defibrillation program in Europe - March 30th, 2011
- Georgia Park saves 5 lives with AEDs - March 24th, 2011
- Sad stories, avoidable deaths? - March 23rd, 2011
- Texas school's AED saves 6-year-old's life - March 22nd, 2011